1. Turn off all devices.
3. Do not interrupt.
4. Ask good questions
5. Find a quiet environment.
6. Add coffee and/or adult beverage–in moderation.
7. Do not do all the talking.
8. Monitor the other persons responses. Are they bored or offended or interested?
9. Try to speak well.
10. Do not complete another person’s sentence unless they are obviously having difficulty finding the correct word. Some people–believe it or not–pause to find the right word. I am one of them. I do not need you to help out, thank you.
11. Pray for the person with whom you are speaking.
12. Before a planned conversation, ask God to work through you to minister to the other person.
13. Do not fear silence.
14. Know when to end it.